The Practice of Virtue
Virtuous thought, words and behavior result in a natural ability to:
- Be empowered, be responsible and feel joy
- Live with inner peace and trust
- Accept reality with intelligence and gratitude
- Have respect and reverence for all peoples and all life
- Be motivated by the desire for purpose and meaning in life
- Apologize, forgive injury and, most of all
- Laugh and find humor in this very imperfect life on Earth!
When we take the step-by-step path outlined here, the achievement of strong and virtuous character may be clearly and logically pursued. These three simple practices require only commitment and implementation for success.
- Reading a Virtue Scroll
- Daily Retrospection (usually includes writing, notes or journaling)
- Writing a Virtue Diary or Checking a Virtue Chart