Heather Carlile, MA, LPC
Heather Carlile Presents Training and Speaking for quality of life
including model innovation and construction on: archetypes,
emotional intelligence, communication skills, three intelligences,
gender differences, substance abuse, personality styles using
The Enneagram, relationship problems and parenting techniques.
Mental Health Practice
She is in private practice as a counselor with treatment for individual,
marital and family issues including depression, anxiety, grief, role
diffusion, life transition, communication, compulsion, relationships
Professional Speaking and
Retreat Topics (Outlines available)
* Becoming a Champion: The Power of Naming – How to Stop Self-Sabotage! sm (Change, Motivation and Personality).
* Are You on Fire? or Are You Burning Out? Re-Designing Your Life sm (Values, Priorities and Stress Management).
* Fairy Tale Role Models – The Paradox of Childhood Myths sm (Exposing the Gifts and Curses We Carry from Our Childhood Heroes).
* Designer Marriage – Deep Friendship and Romantic Bonding sm (How to Create and Keep a Great Relationship).
* I’d Follow My Bliss If I Knew Where to Find It: The Pursuit of Passion sm (Values, Vision, Mission).
* The Future is Now — Advanced Goal-Setting sm (Goal-Setting, Obstacles and Motivation).
* Emotional Intelligence: Adding Quality to Your Life sm (Emotional Acuity, Life Balance, Resilience, Interactive Ability, Constructive Discontent, Compassion and Trust Radius).
* Building Noble Character sm (Principled and Virtuous Living).
* The Enneagram: Your Default Archetype sm (Personality Style).
* The Hats You Wear: Defining the Dimensions of Personality sm (Personal Archetypes).
Seminars and Workshops
* ReWriting Your Future sm: Comprehensive Life Re-Design — Integrating Personality with Passion and Purpose. Author and presentor. ReWriting Your Future covering family-of-origin roles, personality style, values clarification, life purpose, self-sabotage, scripting, goal setting, closing with the theory and practices of self-motivation, 1993 to the present.
* Emotional Intelligence: Putting Quality in Your Life full day training. Includes the EQMap 20-scale measurement instrument and implementation workbook.
* Grief Recovery, 6-week or 12-week series of classes including Ms. Carlile’s workbook.
* 15-week series Using the Enneagram Personality Style Indicator for Psychological Growth and Relationship Enhancement.
Media and Publications
* The Designer Relationship Call-in Talk Show, 8 months, Air America Radio KXWB, Dallas 2006.
* Good Morning America interviewed on how illness affects a marriage. 2006.
* Interviewed and quoted in Dallas Morning News 8/27/05; Classes show how journaling can help.
* Interviewed and quoted on the Oxygen TV channel; Success in Marriage Counseling, August 2001.
* Interviewed by and quoted in Dallas Morning News 6/22/01 in You’re Not Invited: Although weddings are meant to unite family, more couples are leaving parents off the guest list by Karen Rangel.
Continuing Education workshops for LPCs and LMFTs. Corporate seminars, contract instructor (clients such as: Anderson Consulting, AT&T, Chase Bank, Ericsson, Inc., GM, IBM, IRS, Johnson & Johnson, Nations Bank, Texas Commerce Bank) on topics such as: Communication, Emotional Intelligence, The Four Flavors of Fear, Diversity Training, Secrets of Successful Thinkers, Dealing with Difficult People, Managing Stress: The Road to Resiliency, Setting Limits and Delegating, Taking Care of Yourself During Times of Change, Overcoming Procrastination, Managing Expectations, Attitudes and Guilt.
Practical Parenting Education, PISD, Plano Independent School District, Plano, TX 2008.
Psych-K Training with Robert Williams, Breckenridge, CO 2007.
The Biology of Belief with Dr. Bruce Lipton, Breckenridge, CO 2007.
Anthony Robbins’ Six-Day Date with Destiny, Palm Springs, CA 2006.
Ira Progoff’s Six-Day Intensive Journal Workshop, Seattle, Washington 2005.
Discovery Training: Tools for Successful Living, Training Assistant, Dallas, Texas 2005, 2006.
Ira Progoff’s Two-Weekend Intensive Journal Workshop, Dallas, Texas 2004.
Active Relationships Center, four professional certification workshops: Active Communication, Active Romance, Active Money Personalities, Active Living to Make Love Last, Dallas, Texas 2004.
PREP: Preventative Relationship Enhancement Program, certification training, Dallas, Texas 2004.
C.D. Honorary Cultural Doctorate in Humane Letters awarded by the World University Roundtable, Benson, Arizona 2002.
Multicultural Powers – A Call to Greatness, One Year Mystery School, Dr. Jean Houston, Portland, Oregon 2002.
Institute in Counselor Supervision, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas 2001.
Living to Make Love Last, Dallas, Texas 2004.
Spiral Dynamics I: A PsychoSocioPolitical Model, Level I Certification, The National Values Center, Dallas, Texas 2000.
The Hogan Center for Performance Excellence: Leadership Skills for Executives 1999.
The Hogan Center for Performance Excellence: Quality Leadership & Implementation seminar 1998.
Certified for Prepare/Enrich marriage enrichment and pre-marital assessment 1996.
Certification as Ethics Trainer from the Josephson Institute and Character Counts! Coalition 1995.
Carlson Learning Company, Administering Coping & Stress Profile 1995.
M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Amberton University, Garland Texas 1993.
American Counseling Association
American Mental Health Counselors Association
Dallas Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
Vice President, Voices of Change: Chamber Music of Modern Composers 2003-present.
Grief Recovery, Unity Church, Dallas, Texas 2003, 2004.
Plenary and Workshops for United Nations International Women’s Self Defense Day, 2003.
Critical Incident Debriefing, YWCA Child Suicide, Dallas, Texas 2002.
Disaster Services Facilitator, American Airlines Flight Attendant Debriefing, 9/11/01.
Facilitating The Future is Now! retreats for clients of Hope’s Door, Collin County Battered Women’s Shelter 1998 – 2001.
Teach pastoral care volunteers elements of grief recovery, Unity Church of Dallas 2000.
The Spiritual Practice of Virtue, Episcopal Church of Dallas, TX 1999.
The Future is Now, Battered Women’s Retreat, The Soroptimists, Dallas, TX 1997 to 1999.
Psycho-educational presentations on Emotional Intelligence for Nexus Womens Recovery Center, Inc. 1997, 1998.
Certified for Mental Health Disaster Services by the Red Cross 1997.